Monday, 21 February 2011

Homemade,



-Today i had a day at home, so i thought i would do a post about the dress i made a little while ago! i made it using a 'Burda' pattern. The pattern was so hard to understand! my mum helped me, to understand but i did all the sewing myself! I love making clothes, i have also recently finished making a playsuit! which i really like.


-I love my sewing machine! My grandma gave it too me about 6 years ago, and i still use it all the time, it works perfectly and is so much nicer than an ordinairy sewing machine. To use it you have to turn the handle, so it's quite slow but it gives a better finish.

Burda pattern: £5
Material: £4 per metre


-i just had an idea.. if anybody would want me to make them a dress using this pattern and material (or you could choose a different material) i would be happy to do it :) just e-mail me if you are interested
Sofie.bell@tiscali.co.uk



soph xxxx

15 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous! The fabric is beautiful, you're so talented! You should totally get an etsy shop!
    How long did it take you? xxxxxxxxx

    alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh that dress is so cool! I can't believe that you made it!

    treschiccs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow i wish i could sew as well as that, or atleast have the patience to do that. Singer sewing machines are beautiful. So old fashioned and amazing! I have a boring 'newish' sewing machine, doesn't look as good as pretty as yours :( I think I'd be interested in a dress like this if i had the money :'( you should defiantly open up a shop, you have some talent gurl hahaha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou!! uurm, i think altogether it took me about 3 hours maybe more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the dress! Did you make it?!
    just a lovely dress and blog,
    xxx

    my-fashion-fairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mum has a Singer sewing machine that she keeps as an ornament. You did such a wonderful job making this dress, I wish I could sew as good as this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress looks absolutely beautiful! I wish I was good at creating things :) Beautiful Singer too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this dress is so pretty, I can't believe you made it, your so talented! :) xx

    http://fashionbabesfashiondaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is gorgeous !!
    Im planning on making a dress too, but its going to look a bit different, i would love one just like yours, but i dont think i will be able to do it, im still at the beginner stages!

    would you mind telling me how you made it so that it fits perfectly, did you use a sip ?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THIS DRESS!!! I'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO MAKE IT!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah amazing, so well made! Thanks for the wonderful comment, new post up!Plus following :)
    www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so amazing. You really can't tell your age or that you've just started your blog, so much better than many much older than you. x hivennn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with girls you have big talent:)last photo is very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow LOVE the dress !!

    xxS

    http://oldgoldlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is adorable; you've got some talent! x

    ReplyDelete